Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day. And since it’s the most important one, I am always looking for healthier versions of my favorite dishes. Pancakes is one of them and I have never been a fan of precessed, prepackaged varieties.
This recipe calls for only a few fresh ingredients, is super easy to make and has been my family & friends’ favorite ever since I started making it.
- 1 cup flour organic (I use white or whole wheat depending on what I have in the house)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup kefir (Kefir is a liquid yogurt that could be found near yogurt in most supermarkets)
- 1 large organic egg
- maple syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together
- Bake on a griddle until golden brown flipping once.
Enjoy with fresh organic fruit and maple syrup.